Telemarketing, Italian style
Today I received a telemarketing call. From memory, and translated:
* Hi, I'm calling from [some education services organization], and we're offering language courses in everything from English, to Spanish to French, as well as Italian for foreigners. Would you be interested?
* No, thanks, I'm not interested.
* Is there anyone in the household who may be?
* No, I live alone.
* OK, thanks, have a good day.
Yup, that's it. No insisting, no hassle, no hard sell. Usually, it goes even more quickly than that:
* Buon giorno, blah blah blah blah.
* Sorry, not interested.
* OK, buona giornata.
Isn't it wonderful? It's almost civilized!
I had a similar experience (i.e. no hard sell) applying for my first bank account almost 2 years ago. But that will have to wait for another post....
* Hi, I'm calling from [some education services organization], and we're offering language courses in everything from English, to Spanish to French, as well as Italian for foreigners. Would you be interested?
* No, thanks, I'm not interested.
* Is there anyone in the household who may be?
* No, I live alone.
* OK, thanks, have a good day.
Yup, that's it. No insisting, no hassle, no hard sell. Usually, it goes even more quickly than that:
* Buon giorno, blah blah blah blah.
* Sorry, not interested.
* OK, buona giornata.
Isn't it wonderful? It's almost civilized!
I had a similar experience (i.e. no hard sell) applying for my first bank account almost 2 years ago. But that will have to wait for another post....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home